Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm in LOVE!!!!!!

I'm in LOVE....... with this delicious iced coffee!!!! I found the recipe while using stumble on my computer. It is cold brewed so it is not bitter at all! Our coffee maker quit last week, and I've been buying the expensive coffee drinks from Starbucks, Mc Donalds, Meg's, even Burger King.... but this is wonderful.... Winter even likes it.

Cold-Brewed Ice Coffee
New York Times 6/27/07

Yield: Two drinks

1/3 cup ground coffee (medium-coarse grind is best)
Milk (optional)

1. In a jar, stir together coffee and 1 1/2 cups water. Cover and let rest at room temperature overnight or 12 hours.

2. Strain twice through a coffee filter, a fine-mesh sieve or a sieve lined with cheesecloth. In a tall glass filled with ice, mix equal parts coffee concentrate and water, or to taste. If desired, add milk.




I used Folgers Gourmet chocolate truffle coffee.........
I tripled the recipe... no need to make just 2 servings... please!
Then I heated up a 1/4 cup water in the microwave, took half a packet of raspberry dark chocolate cocoa mix, mixed it up, then put it in a glass with ice, coffee concentrate, and milk........
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I tasted the concentrate... it was flavorful, not bitter.... too strong for me, but I bet my sister Donna would like it! Sometimes I think she should just chew on coffee grounds, as strong as she makes her coffee!!!

Try it and fall in love!! LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmmmmm. Alls Bob's dad buys is the breakfast blend and its mild. WAY TOO WEAK FOR ME. If I add milk or half and half its like the coffee flavor disappears.

Fall Earrings

Fall Earrings
I love these!

JewelryByDebi

FairyPrincessShoppe

DebiDoesCrafts

AutumnSilvermoon Shoppe

DebiDoesDestash